Unfortunately I do not have Win 10 installed, but two Win 7 SP1 x64 ( Ultimate & Professional ).
As for the four items you mentioned, I know all about it. Only the installation in compatibility mode helped me. I first tried Win XP compatibility mode and the installation was cut short at about 70%. When i tried in Win 98 mode then i was able to install the game. Installation of the game was rather slow.
I don't know what happens to the system when a different installation mode is selected.
I don't have a strong computer, but it's still pretty good to play.
1. Motherboard : Asus Sabertooth 990FX R2.0
2. Processor : AMD Phenom II x4 965
3. Graphic card : Asus GTX 670 ( 2 GB VRAM )
4. Memory : 2 x 4 GB
5. Storage : 1 x SSD 480 GB + 3 x HDD ( 640 GB, 1000 GB, 1500 GB )
6. PSU : Chieftec 620 W
7. Chassis : Thermaltake Mozart TX