File hash check of direct downloads (non-torrent downloads)

The last reply on this topic is older than 122 days. Please do not unnecessarily bump it. The most recent reply to this topic was posted 1893 days ago.

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  6
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

It would be nice if you created a .bat script which checks if the MD5 checksum of the downloaded files matches the original. Or alternatively you can post the MD5 of all the files in a README.txt file.

• 4 weeks later...

• Followers:  25
  • Content Count:  897
  • Content Per Day:  0.37

On 17/08/2017 at 0:33 PM, paranoid said:

It would be nice if you created a .bat script which checks if the MD5 checksum of the downloaded files matches the original. Or alternatively you can post the MD5 of all the files in a README.txt file.

already did it for some users....usually do it on request only...as there are not many reports about downloads errors . what game .sfv do you need?

Anyway this is a good suggestion and would be another step towards "semi-pro" repacks lol ! (Still, I think this is a good idea my dear! )...I will try to make efforts and create MD5 checksum soon ! (.sfv + quicksfv.exe)

• 2 months later...

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  4
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

Yep, I agree with that. Some user's have unstable internet and a lack of checksum can make interrupted download's integrity suspicious. A checksum could save a lot of trouble down the line, especially for user's who aren't familiar with reading error messages or diagnosing "program has stopped working" error source.

The last reply on this topic is older than 122 days. Please do not unnecessarily bump it. The most recent reply to this topic was posted 1893 days ago.