Fallout 3 - Special Edition Black Screen Upon Launch Every Single Time No Matter What

As a person who is new here in Darck Repacks, this is rather disappointing. I installed everything successfully and followed every single instruction stated in the "Installation Instructions" in the Fallout 3 - Special Edition Repack web page CAREFULLY (like, seriously, the first time I installed it, I took like 30 minutes just fixing the configs and all based upon instruction) and triple-checked everything. I launched the game multiple times and the only thing playing is the main menu music and I can also hear myself tapping on the arrow keys for that selection sound. In other words, everything seems to be all and well until...well, the only thing there in the screen is a BLACK SCREEN with absolutely nothing on it.

I toned down all the graphics (except some as instructed that must be set to this and that to avoid glitches/bugs) to the lowest settings in the FalloutLauncher.exe . Still the same. Nothing. I did everything I could at this point.

Please help guys. Thanks :)

13 hours ago, ElephantBoy45 said:

@Mr.GamerWindows 8.1 64-Bit - Intel Core i7-4790 @ 3.60GHz  - 12 GB Ram - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 745

their is something with your graphic card restore to its default settings and check again

@PsYcHo_RaGE - So I just tried your suggestion. I reverted back my NVIDIA Control Panel graphics settings to default. This is AFTER I made a clean uninstallation of the Fallout 3 - Special Edition repack, even deleting the files in My Documents and AppData>Local>Fallout3 and FOMM in the same location. Upon restoring my NVIDIA graphics settings to default using the Restore button while Fallout 3 - Special Edition was uninstalled, I installed Fallout 3 - Special Edition again with the newly-configured settings as you suggested.

The result? Yup; STILL BLACK SCREEN.

I guess I'll be waiting for ~Z~ 's reply on this since he is the one who made the repack and thus would know best among everyone else. Until then, it's either some stuff still needs to be cleaned out and fixed in the repack or I simply need a better and stronger gaming PC rig for it to work...

1 hour ago, ElephantBoy45 said:

I guess I'll be waiting for ~Z~ 's reply on this since he is the one who made the repack and thus would know best among everyone else. Until then, it's either some stuff still needs to be cleaned out and fixed in the repack or I simply need a better and stronger gaming PC rig for it to work...

yes i guess so but i will try to get fix as soon as possible

7 hours ago, ElephantBoy45 said:

Disable Ur Antivirus, & install Game Again!

@Mr.Gamer - I don't think I need to disable my Windows Defender antivirus for it to work. Windows Defender has the option to exclude certain locations on your computer on where Windows Defender won't ever bother to look at or scan. In my case, I downloaded Fallout 3 - Special Edition via torrent on Local Disk (D:) > Games COLLECTION folder, in which BOTH locations are excluded locations in the settings of my Windows Defender. Both locations were already excluded almost a year ago, long before even discovering Darck Repacks website and this repack.

In short, I extremely doubt that my Windows Defender Anti-Virus (the only Anti-Virus I have that is active; and yes I double-checked for secretly running background apps in my PC; it's really just Windows Defender as my sole anti-virus program that I have installed and active.) contributes to any issue whatsoever to the repack installation and the repacked game's functionality. My bet is only on two things; there's some stuff that needs to be fixed/cleaned out on the repack itself and/or I need a better and stronger gaming rig PC with more RAM and higher video card and all.

• Thanks 1

On 7/26/2018 at 12:51 PM, ElephantBoy45 said:

@Mr.Gamer - I don't think I need to disable my Windows Defender antivirus for it to work. Windows Defender has the option to exclude certain locations on your computer on where Windows Defender won't ever bother to look at or scan. In my case, I downloaded Fallout 3 - Special Edition via torrent on Local Disk (D:) > Games COLLECTION folder, in which BOTH locations are excluded locations in the settings of my Windows Defender. Both locations were already excluded almost a year ago, long before even discovering Darck Repacks website and this repack.

In short, I extremely doubt that my Windows Defender Anti-Virus (the only Anti-Virus I have that is active; and yes I double-checked for secretly running background apps in my PC; it's really just Windows Defender as my sole anti-virus program that I have installed and active.) contributes to any issue whatsoever to the repack installation and the repacked game's functionality. My bet is only on two things; there's some stuff that needs to be fixed/cleaned out on the repack itself and/or I need a better and stronger gaming rig PC with more RAM and higher video card and all.

don't you think only some of you are getting the installation problem as if in my case its installing fine and working like butter as it should be cuz we test repack before posting but still i can suspect at installer