Forza Horizon 3 Stuck in instalation (CODEX)

I don't know much about Codex installer, but it does not use strong compression and is pretty soft in terms of resources consumption....so problem does not come from PC overloading durin installation ....

I need a bit more details like HDD free space, PC Ram quantity, processor type ... do you have antivirus on , defender, anti malware running in background ? ...do you use automatic Temp directory cleaner like EmptyTemp or CCleaner ? ... do you do other things while installing ? (like downloading torrents, watching movie ...anything relating to HDD utilization ?)

moreover, it is really recommended to install game on C:\ drive to avoid activation problems ....restart PC , shut down defender and AV/malware, quit programs running in the background visible in taskbar, run installer as admin and install on c drive .... even if you try to install anywhere else, installer temp directory will be created on C drive which means that you also need to have enough free space on C to install properly ....

Did you downloaded Game through torrent ? ....if so, you might have a CRC Download error ....if one file is corrupted then it can hang up installation process ... plz rehash torrent or force verification for this download

these are idears and i am not sure at all what caused you issue...

2 hours ago, ~Z~ said:

I don't know much about Codex installer, but it does not use strong compression and is pretty soft in terms of resources consumption....so problem does not come from PC overloading durin installation ....

I need a bit more details like HDD free space, PC Ram quantity, processor type ... do you have antivirus on , defender, anti malware running in background ? ...do you use automatic Temp directory cleaner like EmptyTemp or CCleaner ? ... do you do other things while installing ? (like downloading torrents, watching movie ...anything relating to HDD utilization ?)

moreover, it is really recommended to install game on C:\ drive to avoid activation problems ....restart PC , shut down defender and AV/malware, quit programs running in the background visible in taskbar, run installer as admin and install on c drive .... even if you try to install anywhere else, installer temp directory will be created on C drive which means that you also need to have enough free space on C to install properly ....

Did you downloaded Game through torrent ? ....if so, you might have a CRC Download error ....if one file is corrupted then it can hang up installation process ... plz rehash torrent or force verification for this download

these are idears and i am not sure at all what caused you issue...

Well i have two HDD the C drive and the D. In C drive i have 16,7 Gb free and in the D i have 94,5 Gb free, I have 8Gb of RAM with an i5 3317U 1.7 GHz. I dont have any ativirus on. No I dont use CCleaner or something. When installing i was watching Youtube

The game requires 63Gb of RAM and my C have only 16,7 so I was installing on D. Installer can be run in admin it give errors saying to run in normal mode and like i said i cant install in C drive

I downloaded it by uTorrent but it was 60Gb and i dont want to install again. So do you think its because im not installing in C drive????

Thanks

13 minutes ago, AlexlexAlex said:

Well i have two HDD the C drive and the D. In C drive i have 16,7 Gb free and in the D i have 94,5 Gb free, I have 8Gb of RAM with an i5 3317U 1.7 GHz. I dont have any ativirus on. No I dont use CCleaner or something. When installing i was watching Youtube

The game requires 63Gb of RAM and my C have only 16,7 so I was installing on D. Installer can be run in admin it give errors saying to run in normal mode and like i said i cant install in C drive

I downloaded it by uTorrent but it was 60Gb and i dont want to install again. So do you think its because im not installing in C drive????

Thanks

16.7 GB on C drive should be enough for temp files and archives extraction but as I said in my previious post I don't know how CODEX programmed their Installer ... it might require more than 16 GB free on C drive . It is like extracting archives from winrar or 7z .... you cannot extract 60 GB , even towards D drive with only 16 GB free on C !!! you need 65 GB free on C jsut to be able to extarct on D ...winrar first uses Temp dir from User\appdata\local\temp to decompress and then move files to D drive once it has finished decompression ... you can only do it choosing "exctract here" option which doesn't use temp file and extract straight away to selected location...

If codex installer uses same technology (no direct ram transfer like my installers) than it will stop when lacking space !! ...again i might be wrong  but better move big files/games from C to get enough free space ( to external HDD and move them back once game is installed : )

I hope you could understand what i am saying.. lol ... give me feedback, i will try to help , no problems

15 minutes ago, ~Z~ said:

16.7 GB on C drive should be enough for temp files and archives extraction but as I said in my previious post I don't know how CODEX programmed their Installer ... it might require more than 16 GB free on C drive . It is like extracting archives from winrar or 7z .... you cannot extract 60 GB , even towards D drive with only 16 GB free on C !!! you need 65 GB free on C jsut to be able to extarct on D ...winrar first uses Temp dir from User\appdata\local\temp to decompress and then move files to D drive once it has finished decompression ... you can only do it choosing "exctract here" option which doesn't use temp file and extract straight away to selected location...

If codex installer uses same technology (no direct ram transfer like my installers) than it will stop when lacking space !! ...again i might be wrong  but better move big files/games from C to get enough free space ( to external HDD and move them back once game is installed : )

I hope you could understand what i am saying.. lol ... give me feedback, i will try to help , no problems

Ok thx i will try it again

5 hours ago, ~Z~ said:

Yeah i tried again in C drive now with 133Gb free and still stuck I think I'm going to give up

13 minutes ago, AlexlexAlex said:

Yeah i tried again in C drive now with 133Gb free and still stuck I think I'm going to give up

No no wait i just closed the setup and cracked and it works fine! Well at 1 fps because i dont have a good videoboard. So thx for helping but it was a waste of time and was also in vain :P 60Gb (4 days) for nothing ahhh i want to die XD

8 hours ago, Sempet said:

Could you explain please what did you do exactly to get it to work?

Do you have same problem ? .... very strange , CODEX installers are good and i have never experienced such issues ... i think (but not sure at all) that it is PC relating

there are a few other people with same problem on the net (Reddit post about it :

but no solution though  : (

If you have time, motivation  i recommend you to download my repack (28 GB) ... you won't get this issue (but it uses lots of ressources in terms of CPU % during installation and can make PC unstable if it is not powerfull enough : recommanded 4cores min and 8 GB ram as a minimum)

I can also provide better support in case something goes wrong and send you modified installers to suit your PC specs ....up to you