In this tutorial I'm going to show you how to enable Two Factor Authentication (2FA) in your account.
1. You'll need to access your Security Settings, for that go to your Account Settings.
2. After you enter your Account Settings, you can head over to your Account Security.
3. Click Enable and a new pop-up tab will be opened. In this tab you'll be able to access/enable Google Authenticator Settings, where you can enable 2FA.
4. Make sure you have Google Authenticator installed on your smartphone, links to the Store will be provided (any other Proper Authenticator will work, I'm using Google Authenticator currently).
5. If you have problems scanning the QR Code with Google Authenticator, you can either try to open QR code in another tab and scan it there, or input the code manually.
6. You'll need to confirm it's working, by inputting the code provided by Google Authenticator.
What is 2FA?
For those who don’t know, 2-Step Verification (also known as 2 Factor Authentication or 2FA) is an optional system in which you can add an extra layer of security to your account by taking advantage of components that are unique to oneself. This can come in a few forms from an e-mail to text messages or in our case an authenticator app for your smartphone.
Why should I use 2FA?
If someone ever manages to get hold of your password and tries to access your account with it, they will be asked for this code too and without your phone they won't have success.
Note: There are images provided above to simplify the tutorial, this tutorial will remain open for further questions/doubts you may have!